The Monkey Banana Mangabey is a tube condenser microphone for studio shots that gives 9 selectable directive characteristics. Especially for vocal recordings and acoustic guitars, the hand-decided on 12AX7 tube ensures the preferred warm, natural and overtoned tube sound.
Tubes intensify harmonious overtones of a legitimate disproportionately and add more overtones. This creates a warm, richer sound with more timbre, which may be very positively noticeable especially in vocals.
With the included 7-pin connection cable, the microphone is attached to the PSU power unit, where the direction characteristics may also be decided on.
Directional characteristics in 9 levels selectable:
- Ball – opposition from either side
- Intermediate steps – Pattern 2-4
- Kidney – opposition from front
- Intermediate stage – Pattern 6-8
- Eight – Front and Rear Objections
- Large membrane tube condenser microphone
- Hand-decided on 12AX7 tube
- 34mm capacitor capsule
- Frequency range: 20-20000Hz
- Max input SPL: 135 dB.
- Output impedance 100 ohms
- Sensitivity: -34 dB.
- Signal / noise distance: 80 dB.
- Ideal for vocal and voice recordings / acoustic guitars within the studio.
- Typical overtone, warm tube sound
+ keepdrum MS106 Microphone Stand with Boom Metal Base
- Mangabey Microphone
- Mangabey PSU – Power supply unit
- Microphone spider.
- Power cord.
- 7-pin connection cable.
- User Manual
- keepdrum MS106 Microphone Stand with Boom Metal Base
Make certain this fits by entering your model number.
Large diaphragm tube condenser microphone
Ideal for vocal and voice recording / studio acoustic guitars
34 mm capacitor capsule / frequency range: 20-20000 Hz
Includes Mangabey PSU power supply, microphone spider, power cable, 7-pin connection cable
Keepdrum MS106 Microphone Stand Microphone Stand with Boom Metal Base